We’re pleased to be able to share provisional dates for the inaugural season of the West District League.
We aim to host three events this season, but our first date in November is currently provisional. We hope to have confirmation in October.
Please share these dates widely.
Launch Zoom call
Before we get to the dates, we’d like to invite everybody interested in the series, or with questions they’d like to ask, to a Launch Zoom event and Q&A on Wednesday, 19th October at 6.30pm. Meeting details are attached below.
- 19th November, 2022
- Host Club: East Kilbride Athletic Club
- Venue: Strathaven (precise location to follow)
- 21st January, 2023
- 11th February, 2023
- Host club: Bellahouston Road Runners
- Venue: Bellahouston park
Note in the event 19th November cannot take place, the league will operate as a two event series, and the 11th February event will use the East Kilbride venue.
Format and key things to know
The West District League (WDL) will be seeking to mirror the popular East District XC league format. It is therefore a team event open to affiliated clubs in the West District of Scotland. It is open to all first claim Scottish Athletics members of those clubs, to compete in the various age/gender league competitions (From U11 to Seniors, to Masters)
- Each club competing in the League is allocated its own number.
- In all races athletes wear that number.
- Club numbers will be published on our website in mid-October.
- There are no declarations.
- All participants choose to take part on the day of the race, the only requirement being that they wear their club vests and team number.
- All teams should be ready to start at the times stated for the event.
Teams should be ready to start at the times we publish closer to the time (Races typically starting from midday to approx 2.30pm). A participant can choose to take part on the day of the race: they only need to be wearing their club colours and team number and a member of Scottish Athletics
Launch Zoom details
Join Zoom Meeting link: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/82080490168?pwd=dVFlZ0dia3NZbnYyNTZGU21wTElhUT09
Meeting ID: 820 8049 0168