The league format is different from the ‘usual’ cross-country events we’ve seen in recent years. It’s intended to be much simpler, but there are some different aspects to a race we explain below.
Firstly, and most importantly there are no declarations! Participants can turn up (or not) on the day and race, so long as they are wearing your club vest and allocated team number.
It is also a team event (with prizes in each age category for each club), and to that end please be aware that officials are only recording finish times and team number.
In order to give athletes individual results, the league requires team manager(s) to submit their team returns which specify their members finish order. The league can then apply all the returns to the times, and issue individual times.
ℹThe team submission template can be downloaded from on the results submission page.
Here are the key things to be aware of and plan for
ℹOrder sufficient printed team numbers for your club. Details on our webpage Ordering team numbers. Encourage club members to keep them for reuse!
Ensure your club members know the following:
- The venue of the event, and appropriate travel/parking guidance
- This will be communicated on the league website, and to west district club contacts.
- The format of the event
- That it is a team event
- Participants must wear club colours and your club/team number (with gender character)
- Enough copies of your team allocated number available for participants.
- Order in advance. Details on a recommended printer will be provided in early November.
- The time of the races
- Details for gazebo/tent pitching
- Share the participant’s guide with them so they know what to expect
On the day
- Gazebo’s/tents should be pitched and removed in plenty of time
- All litter must be removed and the site left clean and tidy
- Please provide assistance to the event organisers if requested
- Participants should arrive in plenty of time for their race.
- Teams/participants must wear their club vest and team number.
- Team managers are responsible for submitting the finish order of their members. Please use the template, available on the results submission page.
- Please complete the and submit within 24 hours of the race
- The league is focused on teams
- Your team return enables the League to match team members to the times.
- Team results will be published as quickly as possible after the event
- Individual results are best-efforts
- In the first year of operation of the league, please ask your participants to recognise there is a likelihood of unexpected problems or challenges arising as the league format is introduced.